Live From The Field

TREPO Meeting Minutes May 1, 2018 (approved June 5, 2018)
Board Members Present: Joan Nano, Marcus Morgan, John Bryant, Laura Dailey, Tom Tramel, Sammy Keen, Jule McGee, Phyllis Rea
Board Members Absent: Glenn Hunter (excused), Charlee Thompson (excused), Mike Wilson (excused)
Officers Present: Victoria Imm, Millie McGee, Evelyn Johnson, Linda Hizer
Alternates Present: Karen Mullins, Sassy Johnson, Charlie Arnett (All three were asked to take a seat on the Board.)
Guests: Larry Clifford, Karen Faunce, Bill Martin, Terry Downs

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. Joan Nano led the Pledge of Allegiance and John Bryant offered the prayer . Linda Hizer called roll .
Secretary’s Report: The minutes of the April meeting were passed out and approved by the Board.
Treasury Report: Evelyn Johnson went over the P&L statement which was approved by the Board. She reported a balance of $59,309.56 and a money market account of $32,458.10. The reconciliation statement will be made available as soon as she can get the needed information. Evelyn also noted additional money paid to Peloni for pumping out the septic tank at Hodor Park and a little over $3,000 spent on fencing and poles for Brennan Park ($3,184.58).
Membership Report: Charlie Arnett reported 723 members for 2018; 558 CC/165 SC – 59 new members: 39 CC/20 SC *****A motion was made and approved to send another invoice to approximately 82 people who were members in 2016 and 2017 but have not paid this year.
Park Management CC: Jule McGee reported the need to put the wiring for fans under the big pavilion in Hodor Park in steel conduits due to the vandalism of clipping the electrical wiring. He also reported the need to put in an electrical pole at Point Park and Boat Ramp Park. (Sammy Keen will look into this.) Tom Tramel will look into the purchase of the camera for Mid-Point Park. Camping Park is in need of a fence, post, or logs to prevent vehicles entering the park through an open area between the gate and the fence on the neighboring property. Joan Nano reported that someone has been painting our bathroom walls with feces.
Park Management SC: John Bryant reported that the meter/platform has been raised, with steps in place, at Brennan Park and they are waiting for inspection. Fencing at the park is in progress. The pressure washing and painting at Boat Ramp Park has been completed and screen replacement has almost been completed. He stated that the sink may be leaking in the lady’s bathroom.
Newsletter Report: There will be a May Newsletter. Karen Faunce stated that articles would be due May 5 th . The newsletter will go to the printer May 10 th and mailed May 15 th . She suggested that an article be written on security in the parks, invitation for people to run for an office or place on the Board, accomplishments made in the parks, membership drive, a reminder on how to reserve the pavilions, an article about the historical museum, “for sale” notices, and park rules/ addresses as well as important community addresses/phone numbers.
Old Business: Joan Nano expressed the need for attorney communication to be in writing.
*****A motion was made to pay a reasonable lawyer fee to approve our Policies and Procedures, if necessary. (no opposition)
*****A motion was made to accept the Policies and Procedures with the proposed suggestions made at the Special Meeting dated April 19, 2018 pending approval by our lawyer. (no opposition)
Delaying the purchase of a clubhouse air conditioner/window unit was discussed. It was decided to go ahead and purchase the unit. Sammy Keen will purchase the unit. (A motion was made and passed August 1, 2017 for up to $200 to be spent to purchase an air conditioner for the club house.)
A complaint (June 2017 and April 2018) regarding horses being kept in a 100 year flood plain on Iowa Drive was reviewed. It was stated no action was necessary because there was no violation of any of our TREPO restrictions/covenants.
New Business: Joan Nano suggested the need to set up a nomination committee to fill needed positions. It was decided that it was not necessary at this time. The May Newsletter would advertise the election.
Marcus Morgan reminded the Board that TREPO is a nonprofit organization and that the moneys collected should be spent for upkeep and improvements, so we need to be thinking about needed projects.
*****A motion was made to re-fence Hodor Park back to the clubhouse and A-frame to provide more parking space not to exceed $5,000.
At approximately 8:20 Joan Nano adjourned the meeting.
Linda Hizer

y